Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Places I've Lived

Over the years I've lived in the four corners of the United States. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts and lived there for most of 38 years. I really love Boston. The history is so amazing there and the weather is the perfect four seasons. I would move back to New England in a second if I had the chance.

In 1972 and 1973 I lived in Venice, Florida. It was kind of an adventure that my BFF Kathy and I took. We had an old blue van that we fixed up like a camper. One day we packed up and drove to Florida with my dog Phineas T., an afghan hound and Poco, Kathy's small dog. We lived at a camp ground in the van and in a tent. Florida is a great place to live but I missed Boston and went back there after two years.

In 1990, I moved to Orange County, California. I was engaged and my future husband was living there. On June 10, 1990 we packed up my '87 red Chevy Camaro and drove across country. I couldn't wait to get to OC. I had always wanted to go to California. It was so much fun there. We did all the tourist things.....Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm. I think we went to the beach every chance we got. I liked living in California but I really missed the green grass and trees. Most everything is cemented over there.

In 1992 we moved to the Seattle, Washington area. Well, there sure is a lot of green here. That's because we get so much rain. Did you know that there is even a rain forest here in Washington?



Mt. Rainier showing off it's lenticular clouds.

4 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Gorgeous photo of Mt. Rainier! I've never lived east of the Mississippi, but have visited. MY heart is here in Oregon; I love it!

BAC said...

Hi Michelle.....

I know what you mean about loving Oregon. I love Washington. I guess New England keeps calling me because all my family is there. If the time comes to leave the Northwest, it will be very hard to do.

B.

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Our family is scattered all over (TX, AZ, WA, NE, MO), so there is no one place that is calling me for that reason. Just wish we could get just one of them to move closer!

BAC said...

I'd be happy if one of them would just come for a visit.

B.